Can we afford to sacrifice short-term profits for a sustainable future?
Emmaly Beck believes we can.
In episode #9 I interview Portland State University college senior and Environmental Studies Major Emmaly Beck. She talks about her spiritual influences and gives her take on online entrepreneurship, fast fashion, the fossil fuel industry, off-grid utility systems, and how she really feels about social media. She also shares her career aspirations, her latest projects to watch for, and reveals what she believes is the single greatest threat to our environment.
Chatting with Emmaly was inspiring. It gives me hope knowing that young people like Emmaly realize how important it is to take care of our planet, a planet that our children and grandchildren will be living in. Future generations will face environmental challenges previous generations haven’t had to deal with. To find a sustainable path forward, Emmaly suggests we stand together to face these challenges with passion, ingenuity, and optimism.
- The Next System Project
- Interview with Environmental Studies Major Emmaly Beck
- Global efforts to address climate change
- Love Generation by Bob Sinclair
- Back to the Middle by The New Deal
- Little Less Conversation by Junkie XL
- Sleepwalking by The Chain Gang of 1974
- Audio clip by The Next System Project at www.thenextsystem.org
Recorded at KPSU Portland's College Radio on June 1, 2017.